Bill’s Pizza & Pub
Bill Kwiatkowski, with his wife Pat, opened
Bill’s Pizza in Mundelein, Illinois in 1957 in what was once a
garage. In 1968, Bill purchased the Channel Resort at the corner of Diamond Lake
Road and Route 45 and changed the name of the restaurant to Bill’s Pizza & Pub.
As an avid fisherman, Bill displayed some of
his trophy fish on the walls of the restaurant which he decorated in a
“Northwoods” décor to become the first themed restaurant in the area. Bill’s
Pizza & Pub is one of Mundelein’s most distinctive restaurants. A classic family
business, which in the early days accommodated the whole family in an apartment
above the restaurant, today Bill’s grandsons operate the restaurant..
Still going strong after 50 years of business,
the Village recognized Bill’s Pizza & Pub on its 50th anniversary for its
community spirit and contributions to the community of Mundelein.