Carmen Pedraza, Director
Purpose and Function
The department provides information technology services to the mayor and all village departments to enable them to serve the public in a cost-effective and efficient manner. It also provides computer services to other governmental and non-governmental agencies doing business with the City.
The department manages the Village's computer network and a central data processing operations center twenty-four hours a day, seven days a week.
- Provide effective technological support for computer systems, web-based applications, voice, video, and integrated data services to all village departments.
- Promote and facilitate the integration of technology to effectively meet the overall mission of the Village using collaborative efforts through planning, programming, training, and consulting with all departments.
- Develop, enhance and manage the Village's enterprise network to provide high speed, transparent, and highly functional connectivity to all resources.
- Develop and maintain highly effective, reliable, secure, and innovative information systems to support each department's functions.
- Facilitate the collection, storage, security, and integrity of electronic data while ensuring appropriate access.
- Serves as the technical infrastructure architect.
- Plans, designs, implements, optimizes and oversees the architecture necessary to provide connectivity amongst all technologies.
- Directs, administers, plans, coordinates, and implements Village's infrastructure to interface to County and State.
- Supports the Emergency Operations Center (EOC) providing key direction and technical advice to all Village agencies during a disaster.