To sign up for the Village's weekly e-newsletter Mundelein Connection, please send a request to email@example.com.
Latest News Stories
Mundelein Garbage and Recycling Update
UPDATE: March 23, 2020
Due to the impacts of COVID-19, Groot has made adjustments to refuse and recycling collection. These changes are being made to protect the health and welfare of employees and the public. Services may further be modified as the situation evolves. Please continue to check the Village website and social media pages for updates.
The following changes are effective March 23, 2020:
- All trash/ refuse must be placed in a company-designated cart, a can with handles, or bagged.
- Recycling must be placed in a company-designated cart. Loose, unsecure items will not be collected.
- All bulky/ construction debris collection is suspended until further notice.
- All white goods/ e-waste collection is suspended until further notice.
- The Spring Cleanup event will likely be postponed and rescheduled at a later date.
- At this time, yard waste and recycling services are unaffected; however, we anticipate changes in the future.
Thank you for your cooperation and understanding. Questions about services can be directed to Groot at 800-244-1977.
The information below was posted on March 20, 2020:
SWALCO and Groot provided Mundelein with an update on services. Here are the key points:
- Currently, Groot is operating at 100% manpower.
- SWALCO has cancelled the March 23, April 11, and April 27 Household Chemical Waste public drop-off events at Gurnee and the April 25 mobile event in Fox Lake.
- SWALCO has suspended the textile recycling program, so any receiving bins in all communities have been removed until further notice.
- Highland Park has closed its public drop off for at least the next 2 weeks, all the other drop offs for electronics are still operating and being serviced by the electronics recycling vendor.
- Following guidance from Lake County, beginning March 20, 2020 SWALCO will maintain only one person in the office. Employees not in the office will work remotely.