To sign up for the Village's weekly e-newsletter Mundelein Connection, please send a request to email@example.com.
Latest News Stories
Now Accepting Stars on Parade Sponsor Applications
The Mundelein Arts Commission (MAC) is now accepting applications for sponsors for their summer 2020 public art project, Stars on Parade! Applications are due on May 5, 2020. A concept made popular by the 1999 “Cows on Parade” exhibit in Chicago, IL, and replicated nationwide, the MAC has commissioned a series of 15 fiberglass sculptures to be adopted by local businesses, organizations, or individuals. The stars will be decorated by local artists and installed outdoors throughout Downtown Mundelein for 3-5 years.
There are two sponsorship options:
- $500 (Subsidized by the MAC – 15 Available at this Level)
- Fifteen spots available on a first come, first serve basis.
- Sponsor and artist names will be engraved on a plaque at the base of the star.
- Sponsors may select from a map of 15 pre-selected locations at outdoor, high-traffic locations in Downtown Mundelein. There is no guarantee that a specific spot will be available.
- Sponsors may select from a list of 15 artists that have been pre-selected by the MAC. The artwork proposal period is now closed and the 15 selected artists are currently working on their pieces.
- Star will be auctioned off after display is ended (estimated to be 3-5 years based on durability of topcoat).
- $1,100 – 1,300 (Fully Funded by Sponsor – Price Depends on # Ordered at this Level)
- Unlimited spots at this level are available.
- Sponsor owns the star in its entirety and may display it on their own private property as long as desired (or on another property with the permission of that property owner).
- Sponsor may find or hire their own artist and does not need to submit a proposal for approval by the MAC. The MAC can assist by matching the sponsor with an artist if desired.
- These sculptures have not been manufactured yet. The MAC will collect applications for this sponsorship level, and will place an order for all of these sculptures at once. Because the sculptures are not yet manufactured, there will be a delay in their availability.
Please visit www.mundelein.org/MAC for the sponsor application, and return via email or mail to Colleen Malec at the Village Hall. Contact Colleen with any questions: (847) 949-3289 or firstname.lastname@example.org.