To sign up for the Village's weekly e-newsletter Mundelein Connection, please send a request to email@example.com.
Latest News Stories
Fire Department Now Hiring
The Mundelein Fire Department is now accepting applications for firefighters. Applications are due by June 1 at 4 p.m. The annual salary range is $69,500-$99,486. There are several guidelines and minimum requirements that interested applicants will need to follow, all of which are outlined below.
How to Apply:
- Purchase and complete your application at https://iosolutions.com/
- Submit all supporting documentation to I/O Solutions by hand or mail
- Complete your application by Monday, June 1, 2020 at 4:00 p.m.
Firefighter Minimum Requirements:
- $35 Non-refundable application fee
- U.S. Citizenship
- High school diploma or equivalent (GED)
- Valid driver’s license
- Must be 21 to under 35 years of age at time of written exam (6/27/2020), unless otherwise exempt by state statute (65ILCS 5/10-1-7)
- Must be an Illinois Certified Firefighter II/Basic Operations Firefighter with the Illinois Office of the State Fire Marshal (OSFM)
- Must have current and valid Candidate Physical Ability Test (CPAT) and Aerial Ladder Climb Certification.
Due to the possible inability to obtain CPAT and Aerial Ladder Climb Certification, Mundelein FD is making the following exception: Due to Gov. Pritzker’s Stay at Home Order that was effective on 3/21/2020, we shall accept CPAT and Aerial Ladder Climb Certification that was valid on 3/20/2020. Certifications are considered valid if dated 3/20/2019 – 6/27/2020.
- By time of conditional offer, must possess a current Illinois Department of Public Health (IDPH) EMT-Paramedic License and must test into the Advocate Condell Medical System.
- Must be of good character and must not have been convicted of any crimes or guilty of infamous or notoriously disgraceful conduct as described in the IL Compiled Statutes (65ILCS 5/10-2.1-6).
- No residency requirement.
- All applicants who are given conditional offers of employment must undergo a physical and psychological exam by the Department’s Physicians selected by the Mundelein Fire and Police Commission.
Mandatory Orientation and Written Exam:
A mandatory orientation will be held on Tuesday, June 23 and on Wednesday, June 24. You will be required to attend one of these sessions. A mandatory written exam will be held on Saturday, June 27, 2020. Both orientation and written exam will be held at the Mundelein FD. Additional details will be provided to eligible candidates later.
Any questions about location or application process should be directed to IO Solutions directly at (800)-343-HIRE or firstname.lastname@example.org.