To sign up for the Village's weekly e-newsletter Mundelein Connection, please send a request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Latest News Stories
50th Anniversary of Earth Day—
SWALCO Offers Helpful Guidelines to Keep Our Planet Healthy
This week, the world recognized the 50th anniversary of Earth Day. This day is seen as “a day of action to change human behavior and create global, national and local policy changes.” With this in mind, SWALCO offers a few ideas that may help everyone on this journey to make our home, community, habitat, and world as healthy as possible.
“We encourage everyone to help us celebrate Earth Day 2020 and help us write the next chapters of life here on this beautiful planet, our home, Earth,” SWALCO said in a written statement.
SWALCO continues to work with organizations and communities around the region and wishes everyone a very Happy Earth Day...Everyday!
Here are a few ideas to mark Earth Day at home:
- Keep recycling. Visit SWALCO’s neighborhood guide to learn what’s accepted in your community.
- Watch a film. Check out the One Earth Film Festival, now being held virtually.
- Learn how to do backyard composting. Visit SWALCO’s resource guide for more information.
- If you can’t compost, consider signing up for a curbside collection food scrap program if your community offers one. Learn more
- Enjoy a walk. Head to one of the many Lake County Forest Preserve trails, maintaining proper social distancing, of course.