To sign up for the Village's weekly e-newsletter Mundelein Connection, please send a request to email@example.com.
Latest News Stories
Restore Illinois Phase 3 in Sight
Lake County Prepares to Move to Phase 3 of Restore Illinois Plan
As part of the Northeast region, Lake County is expected to move into Phase 3 of the Restore Illinois plan on Friday, May 29. Additional businesses will be able to open following state safety guidelines, and small gatherings will be permitted while social distancing and using a face covering.
“As we prepare to move to the next phase of the Restore Illinois plan, it is essential to continue to protect yourself and others from COVID-19. Please keep your distance from others, wear a face covering where appropriate, and stay home if you are ill. If we continue to follow these best practices, we will stay on track to advance to the next phases of the plan,” said Mayor Steve Lentz.
During Phase 3 of the Restore Illinois Plan, gatherings of up to 10 people for any reason are allowed, and the following will be allowed following specific safety guidance from the Illinois Department of Public Health:
- Restaurants with outdoor seating
- Travel following IDPH and CDC guidance
- Health care facilities open
- Limited childcare and summer programs
- Barbershops, hair and nail salons, and other personal care services
- Retail stores, offices, and manufacturing facilities
- Indoor one-on-one personal training
- Outdoor fitness classes with up to 10 people
- Boating/camping with up to 10 people
- Indoor & outdoor tennis facilities
- Golf courses with four people per tee
- State parks open
Detailed safety guidance from the State is expected to be released in the coming days. For more details of Phase 3 of the Restore Illinois Plan please visit: https://coronavirus.illinois.gov/s/restore-illinois-phase-3