Celebrating the Best of Mundelein
The Mundelein Community Days festival has something for everyone—carnival, fireworks, parade, food, music, games, contests, demonstrations, displays, and lots of kids activities. Each year, thousands of Mundelein residents and visitors attend the summer celebration. This four-day, family-oriented event has earned a reputation as one of the best festivals in Lake County!
The success of Mundelein Community Days is due in large part to the generous contributions made by our Business Sponsors.
If you have any questions about Mundelein Community Days, please contact the Village at 847-949-3223.
Admission to Mundelein Community Days is always free to the public due to the financial support of Mundelein’s generous business community. Several sponsorship opportunities are available now. Detailed information about each sponsorship level is featured in the 2020 Sponsorship Donation Form.
The Mundelein Community Days Festival takes place at Kracklauer Park, 116 N. Lake Street.
Parking is available in the lot along Crystal Street and can be accessed at the intersection of Seymour Avenue and Crystal Street.
The Mundelein Community Days festival has plenty of activities for the whole family including. Please take a moment to view the 2020 Community Days Schedule.
The Mundelein Munch (food vendors) begins on Thursday, July 2, 2020 at noon and ends on Sunday, July 5, 2020 at 9 p.m. Please take a moment to view our 2020 Munch Food Vendors.
- Thursday, July 2: Noon-11 p.m.
- Friday, July 3: Noon-11 p.m.
- Saturday, July 4: Noon-11 p.m.
- Sunday, July 5: Noon-9 p.m.
If you are interested in becoming a Munch vendor, please complete the 2020 Munch Application.
The parade will be held on Sunday, July 5, 2020 at 2 p.m.
- Parade Application (2020)
- Parade Rules and Safety Guidelines (2020)
- Hold Harmless Parade Waiver (2020)
The Independence Day Fireworks show will be held on Saturday, July 4, 2020 at 9:30 p.m.
The carnival, sponsored by American Legion Post #867, begins on Thursday, July 2, 2020 at 4 p.m. and ends on Sunday, July 5, 2020 at 9 p.m.
- Thursday, July 2: 4-11 p.m. (Special Ride Ticket Hours from 4-6 p.m.)
- Friday, July 3: 2-11 p.m.
- Saturday, July 4: 2-11 p.m.
- Sunday, July 5: 2-9 p.m. (Special Ticket Hours from 2-5 p.m.)
- Margaret Resnick, Commission Chair
- Virginia Biegel, Pageant Chair
- Wally Frasier, Carnival Chair
- Ray Mullen, Parade Chair
- Karrie Newby, Sponsor Chair
- Shah Quaiyoom, Music Chair
- Tony Taylor, Beverage Chair
- Kelsey Langeler, Village Liaison
- Jonathan Kellogg, Village Liaison