The 2020 Mundelein Community Days festival has been canceled due to the impact of the COVID-19 pandemic.
The Village is currently looking into alternative events and/or activities to replace the festival at a later date this year if allowable under state health mandates and guidelines. Please continue to check the Village website in the future for updates.
The following information is provided to prospective Mundelein Community Days Commission members as a guide to the functions and duties of the Mundelein Community Days Commission.
The Mundelein Community Days Commission shall have the following functions:
- Plan and implement various Fourth of July activities;
- Raise funds for the operating expenses of the activities;
- Appoint committee chairpersons;
- Appoint volunteers to various committees.
Seven members appointed by the Mayor with the consent of the Board of Trustees. All members must be residents of the Village of Mundelein.
- Margaret Resnick, Commission Chair
- Virginia Biegel, Pageant Chair
- Wally Frasier, Carnival Chair
- Ray Mullen, Parade Chair
- Karrie Newby, Sponsor Chair
- Shah Quaiyoom, Music Chair
- Tony Taylor, Beverage Chair
Four year term expires April 30th the year of expiration.
Once per month between January and August, 8:00 a.m., Mundelein Village Hall, 300 Plaza Circle. View the Meeting Schedule.
Municipal Code Book
Village Staff Liaisons
- Kelsey Langeler, Business Services Manager
- Jonathan Kellogg, Management Analyst
The events and details of the Mundelein Community Days celebration change each year. The objective of the Commission is to make each year’s combination of events “The Best Ever.” This requires continual improvement and new ideas. Please visit the Mundelein Community Days Page for more information about the festival.