CORONAVIRUS (COVID-19) UPDATES:
NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN that on May 20, 2020, at the hour of 7:00 p.m., there will be a public hearing before the Village of Mundelein Planning and Zoning Commission concerning a petition for the property commonly known as 131 East Maple Avenue by The Doggy Dudes, LLC, requesting a Special Use Permit for a Pet Day Care facility, pursuant to Section 20.36.020, Table 20.36-1 of the Village’s Zoning Ordinance, and a variation for a Pet Day Care exterior enclosure within 300 feet of a residential zoning district, pursuant to Section 20.36.060(C)(13)(a), both requests being in accordance with the application on file with the Village of Mundelein.
- For Meeting Agenda, please visit the Village's agenda portal on this website. AGENDAS AND MINUTES.
- To view application submittals, please the applicable links below
PZC-05-2020, 131 East Maple Avenue, The Doggy Dudes
(updated May 5, 2020)
The following information is provided to prospective Plan & Zoning Commission members as a guide to the functions and duties of the Planning & Zoning Commission.
The Planning & Zoning Commission:
- Reviews proposed development and land uses for compliance with the comprehensive plan and zoning map of the Village, and conducts public hearings to accept public comment and make recommendations to the Village Board based on the merits of the projects, public comments, and compliance with the comprehensive plan and zoning map.
- Reviews all plats of subdivisions, resubdivisions, vacations and annexations. The Planning & Zoning Commission considers petitions for annexation, zoning, rezoning and special use permits.
- Reviews all Planned Unit Developments.
- Prepares Findings-of-Fact and presents its recommendations to the Village Board.
- Operates in accordance with the provisions of Illinois State Statutes and Village Ordinances.
Seven members appointed by the Mayor with the consent of the Board of Trustees.
- Terry Roswick, Chair
- Ray Rose
- Kerry Garesche
- Joseph Herchenbach
- Sophia Schneckloth
- Kevin Anderson
- Daniel Juarez
Four year term expires April 30th the year of expiration.
First and third Wednesdays of each month at 7:00 p.m., Mundelein Village Hall, 300 Plaza Circle
Municipal Code Book
Village Staff Liaison
Amanda Orenchuk, Director Community Development
Materials for review prior to each meeting can be extensive and may include staff reports, plats of survey, plats of subdivision, site plans, parking calculations, lighting standards, floor plans, building elevations, traffic impact studies, and development agreements.
Plan Commission members must file an annual Economic Interest Statement. Provisions of the state law require that certain government employees and officials, including Plan Commission members, annually file an Economic Interest Statement disclosing ownership in entities doing business with the Village, interests in real property, certain gifts, loans, honoraria, professional services rendered, capital gains received, governmental employment income, and investment in entities seeking government action. These laws are designed to inform the public of financial interests that could influence public officials who have decision-making powers.