Mundelein residents can take an active role in helping to keep their community safe by participating in a unique program called “Adopt-A-Fire Hydrant.” Volunteers interested in assisting the fire department can simply adopt a fire hydrant and perform the following tasks on an ongoing basis:
- Maintain a three-foot radius around the fire hydrant free and clear of snow and shrubbery.
- Watch for evidence of fire hydrant vandalism or removal of caps.
- Call Public Works at 847-949-3273 if you notice the hydrant leaking or observe other damage.
- Individuals or groups are welcome to participate in this program.
- An appreciation certificate will be issues to you and/or your group upon adopting a fire hydrant.
For more information on Mundelein’s Adopt-A-Fire Hydrant program, please contact Steve D’Incognito at email@example.com or 847-949-3260. Also, if you notice that a fire hydrant has been damaged, missing caps, leaking water, or if it is blocked, please notify the Mundelein Fire Department by calling 847-949-3260 or Mundelein Water Department by calling 847-949-3273.