If you or your business would like to learn Basic First-Aid, the Mundelein Fire Department offers a thorough overview class.
Some of the basics you will learn include:
- How to control severe bleeding and how to apply a pressure bandage
- Prevention and care of “shock”
- Treatment of fractures, sprains, strains, and dislocations
- Principles of splinting
- Care for all types of burns (chemical, heat, electrical)
- Treatment of insect and animal bites and stings
- Signals of, and care for, allergic reaction and poisoning
- Recognition and treatment of sudden illnesses (including heart attack, stroke, asthma, and diabetic emergencies)
- Treatment of temperature-related emergencies (heat exhaustion, heat stroke, hypothermia)
- Care for seizures
Classes are taught at the Mundelein Fire Department
Station 1 - 1000 N. Midlothian
Minimum 6/maximum 18 per class
All ages welcome!
Children 16 years and younger must be accompanied by an adult.
$35.00 per person
Class fee is non-refundable.
If you are a business and would like to set up a class for your employees you can contact the First Aid Class coordinator.
Allow a few days for MFD staff to reply since the shifts they work are one out of every three days.