The Mundelein Fire Department has established a new residential emergency access program supporting our local homeowners using the Knox HomeBox. This is a product that provides homeowners the same secure rapid access system that we use to secure and access keys to government and commercial properties. It securely protects the key to your home. Only our fire department has the key to access the Knox HomeBox. This is a great product for someone who may have a problem getting to their door during a medical emergency. It allows us quick access when time is limited.
What is the Knox HomeBox?
- The Knox HomeBox is a heavy-duty secure single key lockbox.
- The Knox HomeBox provides the fire department rapid access to your home in an emergency.
- It is accessible only by our fire department.
- It is installed outside your home.
- It is available in a variety of colors and mounting options.
What are the advantages of using a Knox HomeBox?
- It prevents property damage due to forced entry into your home.
- It will minimize our response time in addressing your emergency due to a locked door.
- Once the emergency has been addressed, we will then re-secure the home and return the house key to the Knox HomeBox.
- This is a one-time purchase that requires no monthly monitoring fee.
How do I order a Knox HomeBox?
- Visit www.knoxhomebox.com/22235
- This link takes you directly to our order page.
- Find the Knox HomeBox of your choice.
- Click on “Add to Cart”.
- Fill out the requested information.
- Click “Check Out” and complete the purchase.
- Once you install the box, call us at 847-949-3260.
- We will then come out and secure your key in the Knox HomeBox.
- It’s that easy!
- If you have any questions regarding this program, please contact the Mundelein Fire Department at 847-949-3260.
- If you need assistance installing the Knox HomeBox, please call us and we will do it for you.