The Mundelein Fire department is dedicated to meeting the community’s needs through its core mission to protect life and property in the Mundelein community. The Mundelein Fire Department is ranked in the top 4% of fire departments throughout the nation.
The Mundelein Fire Department operates 4 Advanced Life Support Ambulances staffed by firefighter / paramedics. In like manner, all front line fire engines are equipped with advanced life support equipment also staffed by firefighter / paramedics. The fire department is staffed 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.
With the support of the Mayor, Board of Trustees, Village Administrator and other village department, the MFD continues to be an organization that prides itself on being proactive, efficient, and effective in the delivery of public safety services.
- Advanced Emergency Medical Services
- Fire Suppression
- Hazardous Materials Response
- Fire Safety Inspections
- Fire Prevention
- Community Education
- Blood Drives
- Community Involvement
Fire Chief Bill Lark’s primary responsibilities include overseeing the day-to-day operations of the department and he serves as the department’s representative for various committees within the Village of Mundelein. He also handles the administrative duties such as strategic planning, development of department goals, as well as policy and procedure development. The department utilizes two firehouses, both of which are staffed 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. The dedicated staff are always ready and willing to meet the needs of the Mundelein community.
- Safe Haven-All Mundelein fire stations serve as safe havens under the Illinois Abandoned Newborn Infant Protection Act.
- Senior Home Fire Safety-Mundelein senior citizens can receive in-home safety and security information as well as fire and fall prevention tips through this free program.
- Prescription Drug Disposal Program-Safely dispose of unused/expired prescription or over-the-counter medications through Mundelein’s Prescription Drug Drop Box Program.
- First Aid and CPR/AED Certification-The Mundelein Fire Department offers First Aid and CPR/AED certification and recertification classes to laypersons and healthcare providers.
- Fire Alarm Monitoring
- Fire Extinguisher Training
- Child Passenger Safety Restraint Installations